Delish post-workout, for breakfast on-the-go, a mid-morning snack (coffee optional, but highly recommended ;) ) or anytime, this healthier bread is made with almond flour - a lower in carb, higher in good fat alternative to regular flour - and freezes well. Enjoy a slice warm out of the oven then slice the rest of the loaf, wrap and freeze in individual servings for easy grab n’ go. Throw a frozen slice in your lunch bag, purse/briefcase or just on the counter, and it’ll be defrosted in no time! Warm it up in the toaster or under the broiler, even add a smear of your favorite nut butter. Or, try it grilled in a cast iron skillet with a little grass-fed butter or coconut oil. If you try it, share your creations on our Facebook page and/or tag us on Instagram @vukoobar.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-ish minutes
Total time:45 minutes
- 1-3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper, the sweeter the bread will be)
- *Optional: 1-3 tablespoons raw honey (this bread is not very sweet so adjust higher/lower according to preference)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray bread pan with non-stick spray (I like coconut oil).
- Add dry ingredients to medium bowl. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat together applesauce, coconut oil and honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs then add to large bowl and mix well.
- Stir in vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, then stir to combine.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips, if you choose, until distributed throughout.
- Transfer mixture to sprayed bread pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
"[RECIPE] GLUTEN-FREE BANANA BREAD"; by Vukoo®