Delicious post-workout, as a mid-morning snack with coffee or anytime, these preservative-free protein muffins make a versatile DIY convenience option forreal food nutrition on-the-go and, freeze well. If you choose not to freeze them, store in the fridge up to 1 week foroptimal freshness.
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 3 scoops whey protein
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup nuts of choice (optional; I like walnuts or almonds)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit of choice (I like cherries or blueberries)
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/3 cup xylitol
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add all dry ingredients to large bowl. Mix well.
- Add egg whites to dry ingredient mixture and mix well.
- Spray muffin tin or baking sheet with non-stick spray (I like coconut oil), then distribute batter evenly into tins or as blobs on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set 5 minutes (cool completely before refrigeration/freezing).
- This batter is sticky and retains its shape so no prob if you don’t have a muffin tin.
- Adjust mix-ins according to metabolic tendencies, personal preferences and psychological sensitivities. Some of my favorite combinations: cherry-almond, cran-raisin, blue-rasp, banana nut, date nut, coconut pecan and almond joy (almond, dairy-free chocolate chips & unsweetened flaked coconut).
"[RECIPE] Gluten-Free Protein Muffins"; by Vukoo®