Delish pre-workout, for breakfast on-the-go, a mid-morning snack, back-to-school lunches or anytime, this is a versatile base recipe for convenient real food nutrition on-the-go loaded with good quality carbohydrates, plenty of protein and healthy fats. Enjoy straight from the freezer (they won’t freeze solid due to the fat content), or throw one or a few in a Ziplock and they’ll be ready to eat when you are!
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup protein powder (I used plant-based protein; if you try it with whey, use less water)
- 1 cup almond or sunflower seed butter; unsweetened, organic if possible
- 4 tablespoons local honey
- Water, enough to mix
- Add dry ingredients to medium bowl. Mix well.
- Add nut butter and honey to dry mixture. Mix well.
- Add water in small increments until mixture is workable.
- Roll mixture into balls of equal size. Place in large Tupperware or Pyrex with parchment in between layers.
- Freeze to set.
- Store in freezer for optimal freshness, or in fridge up to 1 week.
"[RECIPE] NO-BAKE GLUTEN-FREE PROTEIN BALLS"; by Vukoo®