Bake ahead and slice into individual servings for DIY convenience eating (aka grab n’ go breakfast) through the week, Sunday brunch, breakfast for dinner or anytime! Chock full of real food fuel in the form of protein, vegetables (fiber) and healthy fats, this frittata is easily adjusted according to personal preferences.
Cook time: 20-30 min or until eggs are hard (adjust acc’d to oven, dish size)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 lb. no sugar added bacon or meat of choice (e.g. grass-fed beef, bison, high quality ground turkey, chorizo or ground pork)
- Fresh basil or green of choice (e.g. green kale, arugula), chopped
- Mushrooms, chopped
- DID YOU KNOW? Mushrooms are a great way for vegetarians to add a few extra grams of protein.
- Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Coconut oil/spray (for dish)
- Cook bacon on baking sheet in oven or in large sauté pan until crispy or desired doneness. Transfer to dish with paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside.
- Beat 12 eggs, then add to rectangular casserole dish sprayed or coated with coconut oil.
- Add chopped basil, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes to casserole dish.
- Chop, then add bacon to casserole dish.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes, or until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven. Let stand ~5 minutes, then slice. Can store in the fridge in Pyrex up to 1 week.
- Add as many non-starchy veggies as you desire. No need to measure.
- Garnish with 1/2 a small avocado, if you choose.
Get creative! Switch up your veggies and/or meat week-to-week according to what you have on hand and so that you don’t get bored. If you try it, post your creative combinations on our Facebook page and/or snap a pic and tag us on Instagram. We love hearing from you!
PS If you’re busy, constantly on-the-go and any sort of food prep is just not happening, we’ve gotcha covered with real food convenience in bar form. For those times when real food, though preferable, is simply not an option, treat yourself to the Vukoo experience.
"[RECIPE] EASY EGG BAKE (PALEO, GLUTEN-FREE, LOW CARB, HIGH FAT, HIGH PROTEIN)"; by Vukoo®