Looking for a light and healthy sandwich option for lunches this spring? We love this chickpea salad sandwich adapted from Oh She Glows and The Minimalist Baker. It’s easy to make, packed with protein and essential nutrients, and stores wonderfully for leftovers. With all these amazing benefits, we felt we had to share it with our Vukoo community. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Chickpea Salad Ingredients:
- 1 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped pickles
- 1/8 cup dried dill
- 1/8 cup organic lemon juice
- Organic, sprouted bread (we love Silver Hills)
- Trader Joes Aoili Garlic Mustard Sauce
- Sliced lettuce, sprouts, onion, tomato, pickles, peppers, etc
- Combine all chickpea salad ingredients in a food processor and pulse just until the chickpeas are mashed but still chunky. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a mixing bowl with a masher or fork. Adjust garlic, lemon juice, dill, and mustard to taste.
- Toast bread while slicing lettuce, onion, tomato, and/or other sandwich toppings.
- Spread Trader Joes Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce on both slices of toast before topping with chickpea salad and veggies.
- Chow down and enjoy!
We told you this recipe is easy! It’s also delicious and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days. For a variety of meals, use can also toss the chickpea salad with spinach and veggies for a hearty salad or spread on a tortilla for a wrap.