When the temperatures rise, cooking is one of the few things we want to do first thing in the morning. Lazy summer mornings call for fresh fruit, Vukoo bars, or acai bowls to accompany dark, steaming cups of coffee. That’s why we love this recipe for Brazilian Banana Nut Bread. Not only is it incredibly easy to make (under 15 minutes prep time!), but it makes a wonderful addition to our summer morning routine. We like it with a slab of vegan butter from Earth Balance. It also makes a delicious, healthy dessert!
PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 40-50 MINUTES
SERVING SIZE: 1 LOAF
BRAZILIAN BANANA NUT BREAD WET INGREDIENTS:
3 - 4 ripe bananas
1/3 cup almond or coconut milk
1 stick vegan butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
BRAZILIAN BANANA NUT BREAD DRY INGREDIENTS:
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
4-5 Brazilian nuts, finely diced and chopped
1/8 cup walnuts
1/8 cup pepitas
**when possible, we recommend buying organic produce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use coconut oil to grease a loaf pan. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, mash bananas until almost smooth. A few small chunks are okay.
3. Add in all the wet ingredients in the order listed. Stir to combine.
4. Add in all the dry ingredients, excluding the nuts, in the order listed. Stir to combine.
5. Once thoroughly mixed, gently stir in the nuts until they are even throughout the dough. Pour the dough into the loaf pan and spread out until even.
6. Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until the loaf is golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.